Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Pasta Primavera

We have asparagus, so I am using it up! It was cheap this last week! Tonight was Pasta Primavera. Not the menu for tonight, but hey, I do what I can to not waste food! This whole weeks menu got messed up. Oh well!

I used soymilk and Tillamook cheese as the base for the sauce. I sauteed asparagus, carrots, cauliflower, red peppers, mushrooms, and garlic and then added the milk and cheese. MMMM. Grandma came over for dinner as well....She got stuck in traffic, came about an hr late, and arrived just in time to eat! You'd think she'd planned it or something! Normally I would have had breadsticks, or salad or something....but I was also busy making food for tomorrow, as its Shabbat! I figured, protein in the sauce, veggies, and carbs in the pasta...full meal!

Verdict: It's all gone...and I ate too much! Mini Muffin didn't really eat much...she had yogurt a couple of hours earlier, but she's not a fan of spaghetti without tomato-based spaghetti sauce. I added some tomato sauce to her food, but she still mainly just picked at it. Oh well, she is getting to that age! She ate well the rest of the day. Everyone else seemed to enjoy it. DH even gave me a thumbs up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home