Muffin Meals

No, these meals won't be muffins but Muffin is one of my nicknames. Besides, it sounds cute! After viewing the Vegan Lunchbox site, religiously, my Husband wants me to post my own menu. I will try to post one meal each day. I hope I inspire people to have creative and healthy home cooked meals. I think that even if you aren't a vegetarian, you'll like the meals I present. I do feature dairy products and eggs in my food from time to time, but will try my best to present vegan dishes as well.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Recap on Sabbath and Monday's dindin!

Saturday we did have company. A precious elderly lady and her grandson from church. Her grandson is about our age and the grandmother is from England, with a lovely accent and we just had a delightful time with them. Of course, I totally forgot to take a picture of my meal. SOOO, I will have to make it again soon. Besides, Passover is coming and I have to use up all the stuff in my house that is chamatz. So that means, in the next two weeks you'll see a lot of pastas and bread meals on here. I hate throwing stuff out, so I'll be redoing my menu to use up stuff.

Tonights meal was based on that idea. Using up what I have. So we had Thanksgiving in March! Bread dressing, mashed potatoes with McKay's Chicken-style gravy (vegetarian), Smoked Turkey by Worthington, and steamed broccoli!

Verdict: Mini Muffin ate her whole plate full and in her words "Numm Numm NUMMM!!" There is lots of bread dressing leftover, as usual, and we'll get to have that for lunch tomorrow (and maybe breakfast!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home